1946 Centenary

[Photo by Amy Hooke 2014 click here]

[Wording from the 1946 board by the front entrance, below]

Church of England

This historic Church which originally had a
shingle roof, was built to the plans of 
John.H.Pettit and George Hastings.
Architects and Surveyors.....
The first service was held on Sunday 9th
June 1856.  It is therefore the oldest
Church in Gippsland and there is only
one older timber church in Victoria.
This Church has been in continuous use
since it was licensed as a Place of 
worship by the Bishop of Melbourne, the
Right Reverend C. Perry in 1856
The resident Minister was then the Reverend
Willougby Bean B. A.
The present Rector is the Reverend Canon
R. M. Southey B. A ., T H L of Yarram
This board was erected at the time of 
the centanary of this Church.....